Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Moving Day

 
 Do you ever have those kinda days? You know, the ones that you move things from the dining room to the kitchen...things from the family room to the dining room...then before you know it...you find yourself in the guest bathroom, pulling something for the kitchen!
Oh my! Really, who takes something from a bathroom and moves it to their kitchen? Well, truth be told, this ole gal has been known to do it, a time or two. The other day, I got that moving bug and things just started finding a new home, around here. Sometimes, I feel like I am seven again, and playing house with my sister, in our playhouse. My goodness, those were some fun times. Our sweet daddy built us a really nice playhouse and I tell ya, he got his monies worth on that baby. I would spend all day out there playing house, so I guess that's when I started lovin' decorating homes. I would take my mother's decorating magazines out there, so I could borrow a few ideas (I guess today, a little girl would have an IPhone with her and she would be looking at blogs and Pinterest), oh how the years have changed. Now, let's see what I moved around. Today we will be looking around in the kitchen.
                                                            Blessings,
                                                               Linda

                                          This vintage cart got a total re-do.
                                          The oyster forks that I received
                                           as a gift at Christmas, found their
                                                             way here.
                     
                                           A ironstone casserole was moved from
                                                 the dining room, to the kitchen.

                                                 Added a few coastal touches.

                                                           More ironstone.

                                                  Even my chicken feeder got
                                                    filled with new goodies!!!

                                           A moo cow and some faux farm eggs
                                                         can be found here.

                                                     Even more ironstone.

                                          Boxwood is always a pretty addition
                                                             to any vignette.

                                               The next area, was this darling little
                                                    table, that's located next to my
                                                                   primitive hutch.

                                             This is why I changed this area up.
                                              I found this great old can, while I
                                              was out pickin' for my shop space.


                                             Be sure to come back later this week,
                                             we will be looking around the family
                                                              room next.
       Pin It
I'd love for you to stay connected with Coastal Charm...so come on over and join me there!!!
 photo sifacebook_zps613f8abb.png photo sipinterest_zpsb48cb7f3.png photo siinstagram_zpsd860b130.png photo sirss_zpsdcc3111c.png
 photo sibloglovin_zps9b4854fc.png photo siemail_zpsc310a359.png 
Linking up here...
Vintage Inspiration Party
Be Inspired
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Feathered Nest Friday
MET Monday
Amaze Me Monday
Inspire Me Tuesday
Share Your Style
Inspiration Monday

16 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

It's always fun to shop your own house and mix things up...looks wonderful, Linda!

chateau chic said...

It's always fun to move things around...love the fresh look it gives to a space. You have some great pieces of ironstone...darling little table with its new potato chips can...love using the chicken feeder down the middle of your table to change up seasonally.
Mary Alice

Judy Pimperl said...

I've been getting that feeling lately, too...I'm thinking I'm going to move some things from the studio to the living area. I love your feeder on the table with the cute goodies that are hanging out in it. Just wondering though...do you ever rest? Just kidding...I already know the answer...I can't sit still, either!
Judy

mamasmercantile said...

You have some wonderful pieces and a beautiful home. Thank you for sharing your treasure.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I miss my playhouse and hate that I don't have even one photo of it!

Pam Kessler said...

Great potato chip can! Worth all the moving around :)

Vel Criste said...

Love it Linda! I too had a play house when I was little and it's funny how us ladies ended up loving decorating just because of these playhouses our daddies built for us!!!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Such fun moving things around! Everything looks so pretty Linda, love your ironstone.
Blessings,
Cindy

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love all the changes! You have an amazing eye.
Happy Valentine's Day.
Hugs,
Patti

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I do exactly the same thing...once I start I can't stop. Love all your pretty treasures Linda, especially the decorated chicken feeder. Thanks for linking up at Vintage Inspiration Party.

Donna Wilkes said...

Love that Jay's Potato Chip can. Great idea putting the small pitchers in the feeder.

Teresa P said...

Love seeing all your wonderful pieces Linda! At the moment, I have my chicken feeder filled with a mixture of Ironstone and Valentine décor.

Soon I will be switching it out with Easter and Spring décor.

Debra Howard said...

A girl after my own heart...never know what I am going to move where!

Tone said...

Hi!
I found youre linkup over at Treasure Hunt Thursday. Your ironstone just caught my eye. I love, love, LOVE ironstone, especially those terrins. I have been looking for one to display on my vintage hutch for a long time, but still have nothing....
Youre home is packed with treasures! Youre very lucky:) thanks for sharing! And I hope I see you by my blog sometime:)

Pamela said...

Love all your treasures Linda! Thanx for partying at my place.

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

One of my most favorite things to do is to move items from one room to another! It seems like they take on an entirely new look in a new space. Your moving day looks to be a very successful one Linda! Love all of your changes.
Thank you for linking up to the first Share Your Style linky party and have a wonderful weekend!!!
XO Barbara

Related Posts with Thumbnails